Houseflies are attracted to a lot of things. Typically, the leading culprits are decaying matter like pet droppings and old garbage, sweet soda, alcohol, and overripe fruit. Outside the house, flies are drawn to pet food containers that contain uncovered garbage, leftover food, thick shrubbery which offers cover and all decomposing matter such as dead animals or animal droppings upon the floor.
Flies: Are they dangerous?
Do not allow your house to become a fly breeding ground. Flies carry several diseases, which includes tuberculosis, typhoid, dysentery, and cholera. House flies gather those pathogens upon their mouths and legs while feeding on trash, feces, and additional decaying material. They also are notorious for carrying the eggs of worms and carrying salmonella and anthrax.
Ways to eliminate flies with natural remedies
Be certain that you do not have exposed foods or garbage outside or inside your house that may attract flies. Frequently empty the trash and utilize a trash can that has a lid. As you prepare fruits or additional sweet treats, be certain to properly store them inside sealed containers in order to deter flies.
If you need to know ways to naturally eliminate flies inside your house, there are some methods to attempt to clear your area.
- Inside a little jar, make a mix of ½ c. apple cider vinegar and a couple of drops of soap.
- Flies are attracted to vinegar and, as they fly in, the soap traps them and they will be done for. A vinegar trap is an excellent remedy for fruit flies.
- In order to create flypaper strips, all that’s needed is some thread, a hole punch, sugar, scissors, paper, and corn syrup.
- Cut paper into 2” wide strips.
- Punch a hole inside the top of every strip.
- Blend ½ c. corn syrup & ¼ c. sugar.
- Coat a part of the strip with the mix.
- Hang strips inside the spaces in which the flies usually hang out.
- You will have to invest in a tin can, sponge and around ½ c. lavender oil.
- Then, sip sponge inside essential lavender oil.
- For 24 hours, seal sponge inside can.
- Place the can inside the affected space then open the lid and leave for a few hours.
- It ought to disperse flies from the space. It’s possible to reuse the mixture by adding even more essential lavender oil to your sponge in order to keep its potency high. Keep leftover essential oil inside a container.
Knowing the risks of bug repellents and fly killers
It may be convenient to visit the grocery store and purchase a commercial bug killer, yet there are some risks involved. Most bug repellents have chemicals such as DEET which ought to be utilized with extreme care or avoided.
The home cleaning pros at MintyMaids are committed to offering the highest possible housekeeping service. With MintyMaid’s assistance, it’s possible to rest easy knowing that all of the home surfaces are going to be thoroughly sanitized and cleaned to prevent flies.
For more information on our experienced maid service contact MintyMaids today!