Tubs are havens for soap scum, bacteria, and hard water stains. Almost nothing is better than a clean, shining bathtub. Very few things are worse than a stained, grimy bathtub. All of us have seen those tubs that have the ring around the basin and soap ledge with all of that crust. It happens. Nowadays, our routines are so busy. It is simple to understand how the tub gets neglected. That is why we have shared some of our true and tried ways to clean a tub.
The best method of cleaning the tub is to use green, eco-friendly cleaning supplies. The great news is that you already have the majority of the ingredients hanging out inside your cabinet! With a bit of vinegar, baking soda, and peroxide, it’s possible to be equipped to easily neutralize tub odors and stains.
- Step one toward a clean tub includes removing any bath mats, shower curtain liners, and personal hygiene products from the space. You should begin with a clear area.
- Then, spray the whole space with a vinegar solution.
- Allow it to sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
- With a toothbrush or soft bristle scrub brush, loosen debris and wash off dirt.
- For stubborn stains, it’s possible to use a mixture of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. Peroxide is a bleach alternative and may assist in lifting those stubborn stains.
- Rinse the space using clean water.
- After using the bathtub, keep mold, mildew, and soap scum away by spraying the space using a vinegar solution.
Healthy Tub Cleaning Solutions
Vinegar – It’s an excellent green cleaning solution to use in tubs. It is perfect as a brightener, all-purpose cleaner, and herbicide. It is fantastic for tub cleaning when lime or mold is present.
Hydrogen Peroxide – Utilize hydrogen peroxide to destroy mold and mildew and use in conjunction with baking soda while creating grout cleaning pastes. Hydrogen peroxide is an antiviral, anti-fungal, antibacterial and is a safe, eco-friendly alternative to bleach.
Baking Soda – As it is time to scrub the tub out, baking soda is your best friend. Due to its alkaline pH, it’s an exceptional moisture-absorbing mold destroyer and mild abrasive cleanser. Utilize baking soda instead of chemical abrasives and additional harsh cleaners.
Tea Tree Oil – It’s possible to utilize a dilution of tea tree oil as an anti-fungal or antibacterial solution to assist in keeping your tub free of bacteria and mold.
Perhaps nobody knows the value in a clean tub better than the house cleaning pros at MintyMaids. As we clean your bathtub and home, it’s possible to rest easy knowing that you are getting a quality professional cleaning that is free of dangerous chemicals.
Life gets hectic, and busy folks use MintyMaids as their solution in housekeeping professionals. Allow us to help you take the following step toward an immaculate home and lighter personal routine by taking the burden off of your shoulders. Call MintyMaids at (204) 272-7337 right away!
For more information on our bonded house cleaning services contact MintyMaids today!