Thankfully, cleaning blinds is not that challenging of a chore. Discovering ways to clean blinds is as easy as knowing which material they’re made of. The majority are designed from either plastic or wood. Read below for ideas on cleaning blinds.
Easy Blind Cleaning
The majority of the dirt you will see on blinds is dust. Water and dust may equal an awful mess; therefore, it is better to begin dry while cleaning. Here are ways to clean plastic and wood blinds:
Utilizing a microfiber duster
- Leave your blinds within the open position then run the duster alongside them from the upper part to lower part. Be certain to work from the top so that all dust which falls when cleaning blinds is going to be removed when you make your way down to the lowest level.
- After you have dusted all of the way down, utilize the vacuum cleaner attachment to clean all dust which has fallen.
Utilizing microfiber cloths
- Shut the blinds so the concave side faces you and wipes away the dust, beginning from the top then working your way down. Make sure that you work from the top down while cleaning blinds, so all fallen dust particles are cleaned in the process.
- Turn your tilt wand until your blinds are shut with their convex side towards you. Dust that side from the upper part to the lower part, like you did the other.
- Vacuum all fallen dust with your attachment.
Ways to Clean Heavily Soiled Blinds
If the blinds are soiled heavily, they will require more than a dusting. But, the cleaning procedure used is going to vary depending upon whether the blinds are wooden or plastic.
Ways to Clean Plastic Ones
- You will first use the aforementioned steps within the easy Blind Cleaning part to extract as much dust as you can from the blinds.
- Take the blinds from the window then fill your tub with hot water.
- Soak your blinds inside the bathtub for at least an hour.
- Take off blinds from the bathtub then wipe all of the rest of the dust away using a microfiber cloth.
- Wipe the blinds dry or you can hang them outdoors to air dry before you place them back inside your window.
- Clean your bathtub so that you do not need to shower with dust at your feet.
Ways to Clean Wood Ones
- Follow all measures in the Easy Blind Cleaning part to get rid of as much dust as possible.
- Attempt to remove additional dust with a brush attachment on the vacuum cleaner.
Finish cleaning wood blinds using a microfiber cloth and cleaner. Wipe down one part with the cleaner and cloth. Turn the tilt wand until your blinds are rotated 180° then wipe down the other.
As it’ll come to cleaning blinds, that is all there is to it. But, that dust quickly will pile up. In order to keep your blinds easily maintained, clean them every couple of weeks.
For more information on our bonded house cleaning service contact MintyMaids today!